The Sheppard Air Force Base Honor Guard provides professional military honors, funerals and colors presentations for 23 counties in the Texoma region.
Please send Honor Guard requests to:
- Type of ceremony,
- Type of honors requested,
- Time & date of the ceremony,
- Who is hosting the ceremony,
- Any other pertinent information regarding the ceremony,
- A POC with a good phone number.
The Flight Support personnel will contact you to confirm receipt of your request.
Please feel free to contact us for alternative resources if your event does not meet these requirements.
Deceased Air Force / Army Air Corps - Active Duty / Reservist & Air National Guard on Active Orders - 20 member detail (full military honors)
Retired AF or AAC / Traditional Reservist - 2 member detail (folding of the flag, playing of “Taps”, and presentation to the NOK). If manning is available then a firing party will be provided.
Veteran / 2 member detail (folding of the flag, playing of “Taps”, and presentation to the NOK).
Colors Team / Postings - will have a minimum of 4 members.
Please call the day prior to the funeral if you wish to confirm detail size.
Who We Honor First
Please understand that funeral honors take precedence over all other Honor Guard activities. There is always a chance that non-funeral requests will be denied or cancelled if the Honor Guard becomes overtasked with funeral ceremonies.
Retirements & Promotions
Postings for retirements and promotions must meet the following criteria.
- Promotions: Person being honored must be promoted to the grade of Chief Master Sergeant for enlisted or Colonel for officers, and SES for civilians.
- Retirements: Person being honored must be in the grade of Chief Master Sergeant for enlisted or Colonel for officers and SES for civilians.